Original topic:

Google search only accepts 1st letter

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 09:57 AM)
Tlew
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
When doing a Google Search ... my A52 5g usually only allows the first letter of my search to be entered ... then drops down to the previous searches. I then have to go back to the Google search bar and enter the rest of the search information. 
Can anyone help ?
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy A
I suggest that instead of using only the first letter of your search, try inputting a keyword of the item(s) you are searching for.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Google Search should continue to show additional "results", the more letters you type.

If it's stopping to accept additional letters, try clearing cache & data for Google App in Settings >  Apps > Storage & Reboot. 

Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tiew, As suggested by others please try to enter the keyword and search. Please Keep us posted.

0 Likes
Tlew
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Still not working. Now if I only knew how to try " clearing cache & data for Google App in settings ....... ".
Any help with that process ?
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tlew, Please follow the steps given below to clear cache and clear data.

Open settings>>Tap on apps>>Tap on Google chrome>>Tap on storage>>Tap on Manage Storage to Clear Data>>Tap on Clear all data and then confirm by tapping on OK.

Go back to your Chrome Storage settings then tap on Clear Cache.

Tlew
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Hi Helenna !!
Bingo !! ... It worked.
Thanx VERY MUCH !!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Should have been Clearing Cache & Data for the Google App that would have resolved the issue & not Google Chrome.. 

But good that the issue is resolved 👍

Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tlew, We are glad that your issue is solved. Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes