Original topic:

Headphones Crackling/Popping

(Topic created on: 12-15-2021 10:47 AM)
JojoK
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I've never had an issue with Samsung phones before, but since the latest update I cannot use headphones with my phone. 
The issue started when I plugged in headphones with my Samsung A50. I got a horrible crackling/screeching/popping sound. Even after I unplugged the headphones, the sound would continue in my speaker and I had to reset my phone to make it stop.

I tried different headphones and turning off the UHQ setting. It would be fine for a bit, but the sound always returned. 

I then upgraded my phone to the A52 5g and hoped the issue would be resolved, but it still occurs. I've tried three different types of headphones, deleted apps, everything.. and I can never recreate the issue by twisting the headphones or adjusting the volume. It happens sporadically. 

I've noticed I'm not alone with this issue and there is no solution... Help!
0 Likes
7 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi JojoK, did you try resetting your headphones?

0 Likes
JojoK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Like unplugging and plugging them back in? Yes.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi JojoK, Does it also happen with Bluetooth headsets?

0 Likes
JojoK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I haven't tried, I only use wired headphones.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi JojoK , Do you have any case/cover on the device. If yes, please remove the case and connect the headphones. Some thick phone cases might doesn't allow the headphone jack to go all the way into the device.

0 Likes
JojoK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
No, it happens without a phone case.
I've tried everything from resetting the phone, taking off the case, deleting apps, changing settings.
This is the second Samsung phone it has happened to me with. I even tried different brands of wired headphones.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, We suggest you to contact the Samsung service center so that the technician will check and repair it.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes