Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

help again!

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 07:12 PM)
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I I have lost that little circle thing on my screen that has the tools and I use it for screenshots,  it's disappeared. Why is it gone and how do I get it back? And how else can I do a screenshot without using that little circle of tools?! Thank you
0 Likes
18 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi jillimartini,
Great to know that your problem got resolved. Thanks for clicking on Accept as Solution which will be helpful for other members with the same query.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi jillimartini,
Please follow the below steps on your phone to activate the Assistance Menu. The assistant menu is designed for individuals with motor control or other physical impairments. By using the Assistant menu, you can access hardware buttons and all parts of the screen by simply tapping or swiping.
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Select Interaction and dexterity > Tap on Assistant menu > Toggle on Assistant menu then tap on OK to the pop-up message > You will then be able to customize your Assistant menu settings.

You can also take the screenshot using the hard keys of the phone.
• Key capture: Press the Side key and the Volume Down key simultaneously.
• Swipe capture: Swipe your hand to the left or right across the screen.
Note:
• It is not possible to capture a screenshot while using some apps and features.
• If capturing a screenshot by swiping is not activated, launch the Settings app, tap Advanced features > Motions and gestures, and then tap the Palm swipe to capture switch to activate it.

0 Likes
Solution
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
👽🤦
Ps it's the power button but shhh 🤔

Guess there's not much point in me posting anymore if you all keep going behind me and repeating 🤷

20201208_162034_11796.jpg

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi mytech,
Thanks for providing the information to help our Samsung member. Please note that All newer Galaxy phones have a Volume key and a Side key. There’s no longer a separate Power and Bixby button. They have been combined into one and include Bixby functionality. This new button is called the Side key, and it can be programmed to perform different tasks, whether you want to turn off your phone, call Bixby, or perform other actions.
The Side key, or the Power/Bixby key, can be short pressed, long pressed, or double pressed to access different functions.
Setting the Side key:
Select an app or feature to launch by pressing the Side key twice or pressing and holding the Side key.
Launch the Settings app, tap Advanced features > Side key, and then select an option you want.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
power/Bixby button and volume down button pressed at the same time. =screenshot
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
power button and volume down together will do a screen shot also.
0 Likes
jillimartini
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I just tried pressing the two buttons down at the same time again and this time I did it quickly and it worked! I was holding it too long before and then it went to the restart and shutdown screen. Thank you everybody for your help much appreciated!
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
haha, I was just going to say " do if faster lady "
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Oops I forgot to mention this...

Alot of glitches in android can be solved by a simple restart.
So instead of me waiting to find out when something isn't working that requires a restart...

Go under settings and search
"auto restart"
I set mine to restart every night while I'm snoozing 🤙✌️
0 Likes