Sorry to hear that, about your experience with your Samsung Galaxy phone having issues with fingerprints not working and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.
Fingerprint recognition uses the unique characteristics of each fingerprint to enhance the security of your device. Once the Fingerprint sensor is set up to recognize your biometric data, you can confirm your identity and unlock your device simply by placing your finger on the fingerprint guide.
- Some Galaxy phones come with a preinstalled screen protector that will work with the in-screen fingerprint sensor. If the in-screen fingerprint sensor isn't working, it's possible that another screen protector has been installed on top.
- An uncertified screen protector may interfere if it covers or touches the in-screen fingerprint sensors.
- If the screen protector was replaced with a non Samsung-certified screen protector, you may need to register your fingerprints again.
- Scratches or dirt may cause recognition issues with the fingerprint sensor.
- The phone may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars. Fingers that are particularly small or slim may also not be recognized.
- Keep your skin and the fingerprint scanner dry when attempting to unlock your device - the scanner can't read if moisture is detected.
- Your finger should cover the fingerprint scanner completely.
- Make sure no case or cover is restricting access to the scanner.
- Keep the fingerprint sensor free of dirt or debris. If the scanner gets dirty, wipe it gently with a soft dry cloth.
- Scanning each finger at multiple angles will increase the fingerprint scanner accuracy.
- Try removing your registered fingerprint and re-scan.
Self-Diagnostic check on the Samsung Members app.
Check the status of your device with the Samsung Members app Diagnostic tool. You can select the individual categories you would like to diagnose or run a complete diagnostic check. After the diagnostic is completed, you can select the corresponding icon to see the results and status of your device. Follow the steps below to start your diagnostic check.
Step 1. Run Samsung Members and select Get help on the lower half of the screen.
Step 2. Tap View tests located under Diagnostics.
Step 3. If you would like to run through all of the Diagnostics checks, tap Test all. Otherwise, tap only Touch screen.
Step 4.Your Galaxy phone will then run through the checks.
Step 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check.
Step 6. When necessary, you may need to manually run or interact with the corresponding function.
Also, you can submit an error report through Samsung Members app as follows:
Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.
Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.
Step 3. Select Symptom category "Sensor/Touch".
Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.
How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH
If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center. Rest assured that our Samsung Engineers/Technicians are competent to assess your device and offer solutions to restore it up to optimum performance.
For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.