Original topic:

Home screen widgets

(Topic created on: 05-21-2022 07:00 AM)
Linda1988
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi

I just got a galazy a5 but apps i download even of which im sure widgets are avaible of wont appear in the list of widgets. Only rhe standard ones appear. 

I found a site this should be either fixed bt moving apps from sd card to phone but i dont see indicated they are installed on sd card or option to move them . 

Swcondly  its suggested this is fixed by going to apps and then system apps and finding the home screen app and deletinf data and than new apps will appear as widgets. But i cannot find the name for this home screen app in this list . The ones suggested arent it and i cant find name bt google.

Who can help me out if either of thesw ways can and should be proceeded and how or else what other method ?

Aincerely linda

4 Comments
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Hi, galaxy a5 is running whit android 8 an using Samsung Experience User Interface right ??
I am not sure how to access the home screen settings but I think you need to go to view then home screen, then you'll find three dots top right then select uninstall the updates then reinstall them in the galaxy store
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, Samsung devices no longer support the option to move the apps to SD card. If that is a system app it will be listed out in system aps. A downloaded app can be listed under settings>>apps>>tap on search and use App name as keyword

and

to access home screen settings, tap & hold on empty space on home screen.

0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
"Samsung devices no longer support the option to move the apps to SD card."
Is this only for canadian devices ?? Because I still can do that on my algerian Samsung Galaxy J6+...20220521_104951.jpg
0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Hey my dude! Okay, do you still need help? It would be awesome if you told me so that I may give it to you! Yay!