Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

I need help

(Topic created on: 05-17-2022 06:03 AM)
AziHess
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have a Galaxy A51 and for the past couple of years it has been working fine. But recently, at around 7 pm it automatically mutes itself and switches to dark mode without me knowing about it. So if I don't check it constantly, I won't even know that it is on mute...I talked to a tech support online yesterday and he connected remotely to my phone and said he fixed it. But again today the phone did the same thing. I tried to contact the tech support again, but they didn't take my call due to high volume. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me please. Thank you.

0 Likes
16 Comments
Solution
Galaxy A
Check if you have Bixby Routine turn on. Also, check Dark mode if you have turn on as schedule.

The next possibility is...do you have routine scheduled on Google home, if you have Google home or use Google assistant.Screenshot_20220517-070120_Settings.jpg
AziHess
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Thank you so much.. last night I noticed that Bixby had permission to make changes to my phone and turned it off. So far, the phone hasn't switched to dark mode. I am hoping it has resolved the issue. Will let you guys know if the issue persists. Thank you again 😄 

0 Likes
AziHess
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Nope.. the phone did it again.. It is so frustrating :( 

0 Likes
AziHess
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Nope.. the phone did it again.. It is so frustrating :( 

I don't use Google, but I know I have Google something.. never use it, and don't know where to look for it,

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Ok, I would recommend you install Nice Catch from Samsung Galaxy Store.

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch

Install it and enable it. Make sure enable Ring mode history, settings change and media volume mute history.

When it happens again, the app should able to capture what change your volume to mute and settings. Then you can solve the puzzle.Screenshot_20220517-195708_Nice Catch.jpg
0 Likes
AziHess
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I just installed it... Thank you for taking time to help me. Appreciate it :) 

Galaxy A
I hope the app can help. Please let us know if the app works for you or not..
0 Likes
AziHess
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I sure will... :) 

0 Likes
AziHess
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello again.. so my phone muted itself again. I checked the Nice Catch App and it shows two items: System UI & Bixby Routines. Under System UI it says Sound Mode and under Bixby Routines it says Silent mode. What should I do ?

0 Likes