Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Is it just me or the macro camera looks odd

(Topic created on: 07-20-2021 03:23 AM)
Nikkisom
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
I noticed that my Galaxy A52's macro camera is misaligned unlike the other camera lenses. However, if I rotate my phone's orientation into landscape, the macro camera automatically re-aligns itself. Additionally, whenever I shake the phone, I can hear something that is also shaking inside the camera bump. My phone arrived not too long ago, last first week of July. 

More or less looking normal when it is in landscape mode with the camera bump in the upper end.

The lens above the flashlight is looking suspicious.

7 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Amazing afternoon! As for your concern, have you tried using the macro camera then rotating the phone, to see if the lens still moves?

As for the rattling sound, you may refer to the one below:

Rattling noise inside the camera

The device supports a high speed shutter function that automatically focuses the camera. The sound you hear is the camera lens shutter moving inside the barrel and it's a normal sound. When you turn the camera on the sound will stop as it is actively focusing. Sometimes the device makes this sound when you vibrate or lightly shake the device.

Important: The Camera module has a part installed that limits lens unit movement in the space for the camera module so the part will not break when you shake the device.

Should you need further technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM). Hope this helps! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. 😊

Nikkisom
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hello and good afternoon, sadly I can still hear the rattling sound. Even when I use the camera, it still creates sound upon shaking and there's more to it. The lens still does moves even if I use the macro mode in the camera. I'm worried right now.
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

As with the rattling sound, is your camera's "auto-focus" turned on? Try doing so and using the camera again, and check if the rattling is still there. If it is still making that rattling sound, I highly suggest that you pre-book your device to your nearest Service Center for immediate servicing since you've bought it just this month. Hope to have your concern be resolved the soonest. 🙂

Nikkisom
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Okay! But how do I turn on the auto focus of my camera? The only setting I've managed to turn on is auto hdr. I can't find auto focus setting on the camera app. Also, will I be able to use my samsung care+ on this appointment if I subscribed to this plan and have it on free?
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy A
you might not need to use the care+ if the defect is covered by warranty
Solution
Galaxy A
Mostly, rattling sound in the camera when being shaked is caused by the OIS. I see that your device is A52 and it does have Optical Image Stabilization
Nikkisom
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Alright, thanks man.