Issues setting up A53 5g

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 11:07 AM)
fbnent
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

Hello,

Googled and Googled but no luck.

I transferred my data, including music, from my S4 to my new A53 5g. I now have a few issues that I hope someone can assist me with:

(1) I have two music players installed (Samsung Play & YT Play) but neither will/can play my music which is stored in the phone.      They can see it but not play. How do I get these tunes from my CDs via my computer to play?

(2) I can't get Google Play Store to work. I assume it is because it too was transferred. I have tried to download a new app to no avail. I can download apps through the app online but would like to gat this working also.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Comments
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

I don't own a A53 so I'm just taking a stab here.

You may want to clear the cache in your Samsung Play and YT Play apps and try to see if re-starting them up will ask you for permissions to your phone, microphone, etc.

Settings.

Apps.

Samsung Play / YT Play

Look for something like Storage.  Clear data.  Clear cache.

Also, Force stop to force your app to close completely.

Then re-open the app and see if anything changes.

You may also want to check that you've allowed the app permission to access parts of your phone.

That should be in the App's permissions.

Settings.

Apps. 

Permissions.

Make sure that at least the microphone and storage/files and media are allowed.

As for Google Play store, you can also clear the cache for that as well and see if that helps.  Check to see if you are logged into the same Google Play store account as your S4.  That may be part of the problem.  

fbnent
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Tried all that but ... no luck. Will check on the account though. Thanks
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

If possible, download any mp3 file from online resources and check if music players can play the mp3 file. For Play store, If you had already cleared cache and data, Force stop then we suggest you to remove and add Google account again.

0 Likes
fbnent
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes it will play mp3. Thanks.
0 Likes