Original topic:

Issues with Do Not Disturb

(Topic created on: 02-06-2023 01:58 PM)
MidnightStarr2020
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hello,

I do a podcast where I do need to use my phone to read from while I am recording. I do put it on Do Not Disturb. 

However, since I got my Samsung Galaxy A53, I do that, but minutes later, I hear a notification sound coming from that and that gets into my recording. How do I make sure that Do Not Disturb doesn't do it again?

5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

In your Do Not Disturb Settings, have you allowed any exceptions? 

Check the screen shot & verify that you have not. 

Also, if there's a particular app that is sending the Notification, it should only be visual, but you could disable the Notifications for that app(s) as well. 

You can also disable Visual Notifications if you want. 

Screenshot_20230205_165124.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_165153.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_164758.jpg

gwinegarden
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I created a manual Bixby routine that turns off all sounds. It created an icon on my home screen, so all I have to do it tap it.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Can I have that manual?
0 Likes
gwinegarden
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It's a Bixby routine that you can create.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please check that if you have created any Bixby routines. As you said you have turned on Do not disturb, but still your'e receiving notifications.

This appears to be related to Bixby routines [this allows you to automate your phone to do things by your location, time of day, or activities] some devices appear to have default routines that are automatically enabled.

Select Bixby routines and delete any routines you have not created.

If your issue was related to a routine that was activating "Do not disturb", this will fix your issue.