Original topic:

Koodo not working after update

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 12:29 PM)
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I installed a Samsung update on my A10s a couple of days ago and since then my Koodo prepaid isn't working. Samsung Canada sent me to Koodo...who sent me back to Samsung Canada...who told me to contact Samsung Hong Kong as my phone is from there...and they said they cannot do anything unless I can bring it in to a tech centre in HK!  Not very helpful!!! Is it possible to uninstall the update so my Koodo works again? 

0 Likes
24 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
You can try clearing the device cache also you can try clearing the koodo app cache itself. If that doesn't work try force stopping the koodo app. This should reset the app. Let us know if this helps.
0 Likes
Squigg12
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Thanks for the input. However, I can't find a device cache and I don't have any koodo apps installed. Any other ideas? Thanks!

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

To clear the device cache, you need to Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache from there. 

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to give it a go later and will let you know.

0 Likes
Squigg12
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the same issue on my (US) A32 dual sim. I'm currently in the UK, my koodo prepaid sim (canada number) was shown even though can't use it in the uk (that's ok), but after the samsung system update at the weekend, the sim is not recognised any more. Doesn't look like it will work when I return to Canada......samsung, what's going on with the update?

0 Likes
Squigg12
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the same issue on my (US) A32 dual sim. I'm currently in the UK, my koodo prepaid sim (canada number) was shown even though can't use it in the uk (that's ok), but after the samsung system update at the weekend, the sim is not recognised any more. Doesn't look like it will work when I return to Canada......samsung, what's going on with the update?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

As long as there wasn't a Bootloader version change, then yes. 

You would have to download the CORRECT Samsung Firmware version for your device to your computer, along with Samsung's USB Drivers & Samsung's Tool, Odin.

You should backup your device before you start, as it's likely that you will have to Factory Reset.

I've posted more complete instructions here previously. 

Axton
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we recommend you to try wipe cache as suggested by RedDogRabbit and keep us posted.

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hi

I wiped the device cache as suggested and it is still not working. Same error message as before, no phone or texts.

0 Likes