Original topic:

Koodo not working after update

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 08:52 AM)
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I installed a Samsung update on my A10s a couple of days ago and since then my Koodo prepaid isn't working. Samsung Canada sent me to Koodo...who sent me back to Samsung Canada...who told me to contact Samsung Hong Kong as my phone is from there...and they said they cannot do anything unless I can bring it in to a tech centre in HK!  Not very helpful!!! Is it possible to uninstall the update so my Koodo works again? 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Couple things you can try.

Power Off the device & Remove & Reinsert the SIM card.

Test.

If it's still failing, then get a new SIM card from Koodo & see if that fixes the issue. 

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

originally Samsung live chat sent me to Koodo and they gave me a new SIM card so that did not fix it.  So frustrating! 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Try opening the Samsung Members app Click Support (bottom right) & View Tests & Click on the SIM card Test. See if you get any error message. 

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

It says it is working normally

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Can you try a SIM card from a different Carrier, ie: ask a friend to use theirs to test, or even go back to Koodo & ask one of the employees to test theirs in your device?

But as for the recent update, it's extremely unlikely that the update has anything to do with the issue. 

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I could try that later.  The koodo guys did the opposite and tested both my old sim card and the new one they gave me in another phone and it was fine. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I just edited my previous post to say, I think that it's extremely unlikely that the recent update has anything to do with the issue.

What is the model number of your device, you said that it's from Hong Kong right?

If nothing works, ie: Cell Data / Calls, you could backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset... That's really the only other thing other than my suggestion you try a working SIM, from another phone in yours. 

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

thanks RedDogRabbit, I appreciate all your efforts. It seems a big coincidence that it started right after the update esp as squigg12 seems to have a similar problem but I am really not a tech person so bow to your superior knowledge!

Model is SM-A107F/DS,  Samsung Canada live chat said it came from HK, it was bought on ebay.

What is Smart Switch? I am a real tech novice as I mentioned...

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Yup, that's a Hong Kong device. 

Often there is no such thing as a "coincidence", yet they happen. 

Smart Switch is a Samsung app that you can use to Backup your device & in your case backup to your computer. You would need to install Smart Switch on both the computer & your phone. 

Select everything that you want to backup & start. 

Reverting to a previous version of the OS is rarely a good idea, and something that I wouldn't do. 

There shouldn't be any problem with the fact that your device originally came from Hong Kong, but before buying a used device from Amazon, Ebay etc, it's really important to verify the country that it was designed for use. 

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thank you, appreicate it.  I will look for SmartSwitch later. Factory reset seems like a scary prospect but I don't have much choice at this point!