Original topic:

Memory card slot

(Topic created on: 02-11-2023 04:14 AM)
DaleJulian
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
I don't know about you but I wish that all Samsung phones came with a memory card slot. 
I am a huge music lover and have a Samsung Galaxy A53 5G with over 60,000 songs on my memory card. 
When I go to visit my family in the UK, I put movies for my grandchildren (which i purchased) on the the memory card so I can copy them onto their Samsung tablet.
Very handy.
Samsung please have a memory card slot on all your future phones. This will be an added feature to make your phone stand out as unique and special.
Thanks 😊 

2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

I agree 100%

It's NOT just about storage! 

If you want, you can get 1TB of internal storage, but:

• you can't backup your device with Smart Switch, unless you connect with your computer, or OTG device.
  • Cloud Storage is slow, not always available, can cost money, and isn't necessarily secure (Cloud storage leaks of private documents & images). 
  • You USED to be able to just insert the sd card into your new device & restore the backup. NOW, you need to use the Cloud, your computer, or an OTG device. 
  • With the micro sd card, you could just pop it into another device to QUICKLY share documents & images, securely! 

Screenshot_20230211_080232.jpg

Screenshot_20230211_080320.jpg

Look how sad this family is, no external sd card..

DaleJulian
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Thank you RedDogRabbit you just taught me something new. I appreciate it.