Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

(Topic created on: 06-26-2021 06:21 PM)
Perseus1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. 

I'm actually a newbie using this 2 week old Samsung A72 phone (shifted to Samsung from a different android phone). I was so confused having two messages on phone. I noticed that one is Samsung messages and the other one is Google messages which is the defaulted app. Going forward.... I kept on switching both apps to navigate and check each features and whatnot. While checking those apps, different problems occured and I'm totally bothered. Here are the things:

1. I couldn't react on a single message. I tried everything I could, but it's still not working. How does it work? Should I enable something? 

2. Why MMS is not working or sending in both messages applications? 

and then I realized that no one sends me a message (me being single) aside from text messages of all my appointments that doesn't support reply back. So, 1 and 2 are not necessary. 

Now this is my PROBLEM. I finally defaulted the app that I'm going to use which is Google Messages. The app keeps on verifying my network, and I tried it several times. I even removed the sim tray and restarted the phone. STILL TRYING TO VERIFY MY NETWORK. What should I do? Send help :( Sobrang thank you sa mag answer.

P.S. you can answer those 2 questions mentioned just for my knowledge. Hehe 
17 Comments
Solution
AstraAspera
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Google Message is built with the technology called RCS (Rich Communication Service) is the future of text messaging. It brings many features you've probably used in instant messaging apps, such as read receipts, typing indicators, and high-quality images, to standard texting. Meaning, it needs to be setup before you can enjoy its features. On my personal experience, you need to have a credit load on your sim to enable RCS. What's the advantage of RCS? Once you activated, u can now see if other users are typing or replying to your message, which a conventional sms doesn't have. I guess the best feature of rcs is being able to send text messages, photos WITHOUT credit load (after activation) but u have to be connected to a Wi-Fi. To enable your RCS go to Google message, settings - CHAT FEATURES. Mine is CONNECTED since its already activated. P. S. I experienced the VERIFYING NETWORK when d system automatically activates but no credit load on the sim so make sure u have at least 20 pesos. By the u should only have 1 default sms app. You don't need MMS anymore since that feature is dated. Rcs is the future. Rcs is the android counterpart of imessage of apple. Hope this will help your problem. Screenshot_20210627-061551_Messages_4809.jpgScreenshot_20210627-061502_Messages.jpg
Perseus1
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Ohhhhh! Maybe because I don't have credit load? I think I need to have some. Okay okay. I appreciate your response. Thank you! Have a good one.
AstraAspera
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Always a pleasure. Please update me if the solution worked.
Dioz19
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi Sir just want to ask is there any other way to activate chat features on my default messaging app?
0 Likes
AstraAspera
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
May I kindly get clarity if you were talking about sms or messenger?
0 Likes
Dioz19
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Samsung default messaging app. SMS
0 Likes
AstraAspera
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Kindly download Google Message from playstore or click the link below. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
0 Likes
Dioz19
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I already have google message. It says that the operator does not support this feature.Screenshot_20210628-143424_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
AstraAspera
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Uh oh I actually forgot that RCS is network dependent and globe is RCS capable. I assume that u are not using globe?
0 Likes