Original topic:

My Files Network Storage SFTP root path

(Topic created on: 10-18-2021 06:46 AM)
Members_yLuh9x9
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Using My Files Network Storage to access a Western Digital My Cloud Server using SFTP I have the problem that My Files does not get to my already shared folders on My Cloud but it creates a ne root folder under a folder called home.

5 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Members_yLuh9x9,  Samsung My Files app does not support SSL or SFTP protocol. Just the basic FTP. If possible, please try with another app and check if it works for you.

0 Likes
Members_yLuh9x9
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I don't get it. In my Samsung Galaxy A51 with Android 11, the app "Mis Archivos" (I have it in spanish) under "Almacenamiento de red" or Network Storage, I have the option to connect thru SFTP filling user and pass. The problem I have is that it does get to the real root folder of my connection.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, I suggest you to perform the reset network settings on your phone and check again. Go to Settings> General Management> Reset> Reset Network Settings> Reset settings.

This will reset all network settings, including those for Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth.

0 Likes
_Skywalker_
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello,
I'm afraid you didn't get the question right, and I'm facing the same issue here as _yLuh9x9 was:

If you use Samsung My Files with SFTP (probably at FTP too, but both are supported for sure) you cannot move up in your folder tree to root location. In my case, I'm stuck at MyDocuments folder for connected user, and I can't choose other drive/location. Moving up and down through My Documents folders is ok, but please refer to possibility of moving up after connection.

Please refer to this, since I like to use your app.

Members_3w47MbT
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I got a same issue.

1. How can I set default remote dir?
  2. How can I move up when I connected network storage via sftp (or ftp)?
0 Likes