Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My galaxy a53 battery won't last a day

(Topic created on: 01-30-2023 06:03 PM)
kenclajenjul
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
I bought the phone last dec 28 2022 via samsung education. I never exceeded more than 5 hours of screen on time without charging again. Should I appoint for battery check via warranty services?
9 Comments
EnGRC_
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Hi! I'm currently using the same device. Did you already try to change the Motion Smoothness to Standard. It changes your screen refresh rate to 60Hz instead of High, which is 120Hz
0 Likes
Jay-Sparks
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
You paid for that refresh rate. Why change it? Tge device obviously has a crappy exynos chip. Samsung did not stick to SD chips from previous models. Again we paid for that refresh rate. One UI is not optimized just like iOS there are hiccups in the UI, no consistency on apps. A lot of duplicate apps.
0 Likes
KevinCJ
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
it's not the chipset at fault honestly. for high refresh rate to be battery friendly, your screen must be LTPO amoled for it to be battery saving. i set mine on 60hz if i want to save battery because since it's not LTPO plus it does not have a dynamic refresh rate wherein it automatically lowers refresh rate when not in need. it keeps on draining your battery.

atleast for my experience, 60hz can last me whole day. 120hz can last me like 6 hours only at average
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try diagnosing the battery. Go to Samsung Members > Support > Diagnostics or Samsung Members > Diagnostics, and tap Battery.

If your battery life is:
Good: Your battery is working normally, doesn't drain fast, and has a better battery life.
Weak: The device's battery life is getting weak and you notice that the battery drains a bit fast. Replace it with a Samsung Service Center near you.
Bad: You notice that the device's battery is draining faster and needs to be replaced. This also means that the battery is getting old.
Also, try checking what apps are draining the battery. Go to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery. If you find and app that's draining too much battery, put it to sleep, limit its background usage, or uninstall the app.
5G can also drain your battery. Also, reduce your display brightness. Try setting the motion smoothness to Standard if your phone supports it. This will save battery life but it will reduce the refresh rate to 60Hz.
jholu
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Same happens to my S22 Ultra 😥
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello kenclajenjul,

Sorry to hear that, about your experience with your newly bought Samsung Galaxy A53 having issues with fast draining battery and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device.

Submit an error report through Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Power/Battery/Charging".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center. Rest assured that our Samsung Engineers/Technicians are competent to assess your device with suggestions, and offer to provide prompt solutions to restore it up to optimum performance.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us on our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

0 Likes
AyaWBaHh
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Try using bixby routines to set motion refresh rate to standard whenever watching videos or apps such as youtube and netflix to save battery as videos dont requires 120zh refresh rate.
Yvant
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

What i do is I installed a third party battery diagnostics app which gives me a full breakdown of my battery health. this includes the battery life etc. Since samsung is not very detailed when it comes to battery life stats, the app I use comes in very handy. 

0 Likes
Jay-Sparks
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
may i know the name of the app please?
0 Likes