Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My phone screen is flickering

(Topic created on: 07-14-2021 10:16 PM)
Tharrinne
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
What might be the cause of my screen flickering.. it also got pixelated at some point.. it flickers then there are opaque lines on the screen like watching a broken tv... then at some point it will go back to normal and after a while when i think the problem is solve, it will resume again... after the flickering event my phone seems fine... but now have trust issues.. only I didn't do is factory reset.. my finger print scanner also malfunctions.. one day its okay but the next its hard to log in or use fingerprint especially i used samsung pass
8 Comments
Jacob161
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy Note 9 with the recent software update. Tried factory reset and it didn't work. Once in a while it would go back to normal and then flickers again when I turn off the display
Tharrinne
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
So it means it will be forever like this... well mine happens even before I update it, I don't know if it has effects but even though after I update it is still the same..
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hey there! I'm Sam, your friendly Samsung Customer Service guy. I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this kind of issue. No worries, I'll try my best to help you out. What I can suggest for you to do is to put your unit to safe mode. In this procedure, we can isolate the problem. Turn your device in safe mode for 6-8 hrs. Check out this link for the steps; https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-safe-mode-on-samsung-galaxy-device/  I hope it helps! Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) Have a nice day ahead and stay safe! 

Tharrinne
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi I already did go as far factory reset.. but nothing changes... still flickering and there are lines in the background.. i can still type on the screen but whats not functioning is the fingerprint. The problem is you can barely see when it starts flickering.. there's no visible physical damage on the screen so I don't know why this is happening.. i just wanted to enjoy the new software update.. but I'm worrying if I have to change the screen and spend countless on it...
Tharrinne
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Then this happened also yesterday arround same time.. then afterwards... it looks fine then fingerprint will also work..
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

You may give us a call in our hotline so that if you're planning to bring your unit to our authorized service center, there will be a proper documentation for it. Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!

Jacob161
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Customer support told me that they can't do anything about it and I just have to go the Service center and pay for something I didn't broke
Tharrinne
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I saw on youtube a lot of samsung users with different models have the same complaint.. for now the flicker is still there but not as much worst as few days ago.. I remove auto brightness.. then on the developers settings... for now it is a temporary solution I don't know if it continue.. I believed this is cause by that update..
0 Likes