Original topic:

My voice cuts off and on when I use WhatsApp and Signal. Everything else works fine.

(Topic created on: 05-24-2022 02:20 PM)
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have tried turning the phone off and back on.  I have made sure the mic works properly. I have taken the sim card out and turned the phone back on.  I made sure all software was up to date.  Everything else works fine the texting the video and I xan hear everybody well.  Any advice?

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

K.

Power off the device & wait 15 seconds.

Press & HOLD the Power & Volume UP buttons until you feel the phone VIBRATE & Release BOTH buttons at the same time.

Wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu.

Use the Volume button to scroll down to "Wipe Cache" & Select it with the Power Button.

Wait until the Recovery Menu Defaults Back to "Reboot System Now".

If you haven't done it before, it may not seem to be obvious.

No worries, you'll get it this time 😉

0 Likes
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I do exactly what you recommend yet the Recovery Menu does not pop up. It says in the bottom of the screen powered by Android but it does not give me a menu. Followed instructions closely. Tried it 5 times. As soon as phone vibrates I let go the buttons...
0 Likes
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I looked at a video on YouTube and I am doing it right. No idea what the problem is...
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

What device do you have? 

It's not plugged into the charger while you are doing this? 

Maybe wait longer after you power off your device, like a minute, just to be absolutely sure that it's powered off. 

0 Likes
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I have a Galaxy A71 and not in charger. According to you and YouTube it should go to that menu but it won't
0 Likes
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I mean that in the best way. I trust what you say
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Any chance that the Volume UP button on your device is sticking or not working properly? 

0 Likes
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Unfortunately it is working properly
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Okay, try this.

Almost exactly the same as before:

Power Off the device & Wait 30 Seconds.

Press AND HOLD the Power & Volume UP buttons.. ⚠️BUT⚠️ THIS time... RELEASE BOTH buttons as SOON as you see the Logo pop up on the screen. 🤞

It *SHOULD* have worked waiting for the vibration, but... since it doesn't make sense, try it this way...

0 Likes
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
No joy. Soon this phone will be hurtling through the air...