Original topic:

My voice cuts off and on when I use WhatsApp and Signal. Everything else works fine.

(Topic created on: 05-26-2022 11:14 AM)
Ganbay
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have tried turning the phone off and back on.  I have made sure the mic works properly. I have taken the sim card out and turned the phone back on.  I made sure all software was up to date.  Everything else works fine the texting the video and I xan hear everybody well.  Any advice?

24 Comments
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Hey my dude! Wow, that sounds like a major bummer dude! Hey so, I don't think wiping the cache will help much so forget about that. Alright? Got sure you gave the microphone permissions, okay? And yeah, so weird you cannot go into recovery, like what? Maybe the buttons are buggy and that causes the issue? Maybe go get your phone checked by some awesome technicians, they'll tell you if the buttons got problems themselves, alright? Yeah!

Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I went to see to phone techs. RedDigRabbit this will be of interest to you. To access the Android menu he told me that there was a software update which requires it to be plugged into a computer. He did so and voila by toggling the up volume and power buttons the nenu appeared. He cleared the cache and voilA NOTHING! My VOIP is still not working. He did not think it was a hardware issue and asked about my service provider etc. Uninstaller re install etc. He did not know why the transmission of my voice cracked up on the other end. Phone works fine btw. Went to see second service group and they could not diagnose the problem. Suggested new phone! Argh. Any Samsung engineer on this group. Software issue maybe?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Thanks for the info! If that's the case, it certainly doesn't sound like an intelligent update, more like a mistake. Never since the first Samsung Android device, did you ever require a connection with a computer for this basic function. 

It hardly makes any sense to HAVE to connect to a computer, in order to Boot into Recovery, just to Wipe Cache. 

Hopefully Samsung will push a future update that removes this limitation from your device.

You mentioned that your spouse does not have any issues with her device, and those apps, does she have the same device? 

Before getting a new device, and seems like the last resort, you could backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset, see if that resolves the issue.

Ganbay
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Factory reset worked. Lost my texts on WhatsApp but I don't care. Backed up the important stuff.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Great to hear that a Factory Reset resolved the issue. Unfortunately sometimes it is the only way. Certainly better than having to get a new device!