Original topic:

NFC

(Topic created on: 06-06-2022 12:08 PM)
RainbowGypsy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My A12 had NFC enabled on it when I bought it at the end of 2021. Not long after I bought it, an update was done by Samsung and since then NFC is available on the phone.
I find this really frustrating and annoying. Hope samsung puts it back on in future updates

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @RainbowGypsy, NFC is a hardware feature and cannot be installed via software or a 3rd party app. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @RainbowGypsy, that's odd. NFC has never been available on the A12 in Australia as per our Specs page. 

https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a12-black-128gb-sm-a125fzkixsa/ 

Brodesps
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hello, I am trying to find out if my phone (Galaxy A12 Nacho, SM-A127F) has NFC. Does it? I can't find any option to enable it.
0 Likes
Brodesps
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It is Australian A12 nacho I think....
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Samsung has nfc on the A12 in some regions. Google "Samsung A12 gsmarena" for specs. What this is telling me is that you bought it overseas or on the grey market e.g. Kogan. What I have learnt, from bitter experience, is that Samsung Australia won't support it even if they could. A couple of things you can try. 1. Just search Playstore for nfc apps, Install if allowed and restart. 2. Use a vpn to select the country/region it came from and find the app and check updates and/or search the Playstore for updates or compatible apps. You will get a different Playstore version as it changes depending upon country (Samsung Members also changes to that country so if you seek help there you need to create a new account, this changes back when you change the vpn server back to Australia or close it). Meaning you have to change again when you want to check replies. You can also log a job in that country when on vpn. I think Samsung needs to up its service although in a marketing sense it is understandable that the Australian division doesn't want to bear the cost of maintenance for eqipment bought elsewhere. However, given globalisation this will, and does, lose them customers - speaking as someone who has three other Samsung devices bought in Australia. It is even worse given Samsung Australia's very poor support for its existing customers.
0 Likes
RainbowGypsy
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks....I did have it and was able to use it very successfully for a week or two before my phone received an up date and then it was no more....
Very disappointing😞
0 Likes
RainbowGypsy
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I bought the A12 through Telstra
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Very interesting. It would suggest a factory error, plus an initial software error, or Telstra bought phones not supplied by Samsung Australia. So, still try some of my suggestions. Find the app in settings, check for updates, clear the cache and restart, check alternative nfc apps in Play Store, including ones found when using a vpn. Good luck.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Also Google android nfc apps i.e. find apps not in Playstore being used by other Samsung devices. If Playstore won't allow download then search for the same app in Google and read up on changing your settings on how to download apps outside Playstore.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Google "how to add nfc to samsung device" in case it helps
0 Likes