Original topic:

No option to decrypt MicroSD card on A03

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 09:29 AM)
machoopaloo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I encrypted a 32GB Micro SD card on my device. I bought a new Micro SD card and want to use it instead. I went to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Encrypt SD Card but there is no decrypt option there. Help!

The only thing I can think of is that I changed the Phone's name for hotspot purposes - will that have an impact?

8 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @machoopaloo, have you followed the steps below to decrypt?

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-encrypt-decrypt-sd-card/ 

0 Likes
anguschang007
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

It isn't the solution to the question! There is no the option for SD decryption!

0 Likes
SamsungCass
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @Anguschang007,  this can be found via the link above under the subheading how to decrypt SD card.

0 Likes
anguschang007
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

There no the option to decrypt the SD card!! Your link is useless!

0 Likes
anguschang007
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Screenshot_20220914-184457_Settings.jpg

You can check the above screenshot, there no the option!

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

That's strange. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Attach screenshot > Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
Jean-PhilippeG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello,

Can I ask if this topic is resolved?

I have exactly the same problem 😞

JeanPhilippeG_0-1708859006154.jpeg

0 Likes
Alam14
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A