Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

No signal Samsung phone

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 04:40 AM)
SamsungMae
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Anyone here with same issue with mine? I have no signal on my phone, signal just went out suddenly. Sim card are working properly but the signal on the phone itself do not. 

Need help 😫 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Orbs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hello @SamsungMae!
1. Restart your phone
The easiest and often the most effective way to resolve a no service or signal issue on an Android or Samsung phone is to restart it. Doing so will reset any processes that may be interfering with your device's performance. Here's how:

Turn off your device.

Once the phone is off, wait 30 seconds and turn it on.

Check to see if this fixed the issue once it reboots.

2. Turn Airplane Mode on and off

Still having problems? Try to manually connect to your service provider. All you need to do is to turn Airplane Mode on and then back off to re-establish a connection. This resets the device in case it lost connection to a signal tower. To do so, simply pull down from the top of your Home screen to reveal Quick Settings and tap Airplane mode to turn it on, then tap it again to turn it off.

3. Manually select your network providers

It's possible that your device is having trouble finding your network, and you have to select it yourself.
Go to Settings> Connections > Mobile networks > Network operators. A list of network providers should show up. Select yours and see if this fixes your problem.

4. Double check your SIM card

Data in your Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card gives your phone an address for a network to find it, and vice versa. It's possible you may have bumped your phone and dislodged your SIM. Here's how to check and see if yours is properly connected to your Android or Samsung device:

Turn off your phone.

Remove the SIM card using an ejector tool or paper clip, and clean up any dust particles that could be interfering with the card (Not sure how to remove it? Check out our guide.)

Reinsert your SIM so it fits properly.

Turn your device back on and check to see if this solves the issue.

5. Restore your phone to its factory settings

It's time for your last resort—restoring your phone to its factory settings, a process that clears your device of all your personal data—including apps, passwords, photos, and videos.
A factory reset corrects most software problems. But before you try this option, make sure to back-up your data—if you don't, you may lose it.

If any of this not worked bring it to the nearest Samsung Service Center click this link: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

View solution in context

33 Comments
Solution
Orbs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hello @SamsungMae!
1. Restart your phone
The easiest and often the most effective way to resolve a no service or signal issue on an Android or Samsung phone is to restart it. Doing so will reset any processes that may be interfering with your device's performance. Here's how:

Turn off your device.

Once the phone is off, wait 30 seconds and turn it on.

Check to see if this fixed the issue once it reboots.

2. Turn Airplane Mode on and off

Still having problems? Try to manually connect to your service provider. All you need to do is to turn Airplane Mode on and then back off to re-establish a connection. This resets the device in case it lost connection to a signal tower. To do so, simply pull down from the top of your Home screen to reveal Quick Settings and tap Airplane mode to turn it on, then tap it again to turn it off.

3. Manually select your network providers

It's possible that your device is having trouble finding your network, and you have to select it yourself.
Go to Settings> Connections > Mobile networks > Network operators. A list of network providers should show up. Select yours and see if this fixes your problem.

4. Double check your SIM card

Data in your Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card gives your phone an address for a network to find it, and vice versa. It's possible you may have bumped your phone and dislodged your SIM. Here's how to check and see if yours is properly connected to your Android or Samsung device:

Turn off your phone.

Remove the SIM card using an ejector tool or paper clip, and clean up any dust particles that could be interfering with the card (Not sure how to remove it? Check out our guide.)

Reinsert your SIM so it fits properly.

Turn your device back on and check to see if this solves the issue.

5. Restore your phone to its factory settings

It's time for your last resort—restoring your phone to its factory settings, a process that clears your device of all your personal data—including apps, passwords, photos, and videos.
A factory reset corrects most software problems. But before you try this option, make sure to back-up your data—if you don't, you may lose it.

If any of this not worked bring it to the nearest Samsung Service Center click this link: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/
SamsungMae
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi! Thanks for this, but I already did every steps that you mentioned, but nothing helped. So frustrating. I already asked a tech and checked my phone, they tried to re-program it but it also didn't help, now they will need to change something on the phone. And I need to pay extra. They told me that it usually happen to Samsung phones. So sad..
Orbs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
You're Welcome @SamsungMae!
I recommend to bring it to Samsung Service Center, much better if it's still on warranty so you don't have to pay. They have the best solutions for your problem.
0 Likes
SamsungMae
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I actually paid for an insurance but it only covers for a year. And now it's over a year old. But I'll try still 😊
0 Likes
Orbs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
That's Great!
Try to chat live support here in Samsung Members App or click this link to direct https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/livechat/ they can also help with your problem.
SamsungMae
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thanks buddy!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
What simcard are you using. If globe.. install globe one and manage your simcard settings. And also, report the issue to samsung as there have been too many hackers using simcards and samsung accts to get credentials or samsung users.
0 Likes
SamsungMae
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I really don't think that it is a problem with my sim cards 😕 I'll try to contact samsung tomorrow since there's no customer service every Sunday.
0 Likes
SamsungMae
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thanks still on your advice, big help 👍🙏
0 Likes