Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Oil?

(Topic created on: 02-20-2024 05:24 PM)
Lambsauce
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
I have this old phone. How do i remove this "oil" under the screen protector without peeling the protector off? I dont know how it got there. It just accumulated overtime. Note that this phone is just in storage most of the time

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy A

Hey Lambsauce,

Looks like there's a bit of moisture stuck underneath your screen protector. Might not necessarily be oil, actually - the color may be coming from the layers in the screen protector.

Typically when moisture / air pockets are stuck inside an adhesive layer, you could use a squeegee (or any fine-edged plastic tool, like a card) to kind of push out the contaminant onto the edges. Maybe that'll work for this one? Just be careful not to apply too much pressure so as to not crack your screen.

However, if your screen protector is made from glass, I'm not entirely sure if that will work as the surface is much harder. The squeegee trick only rly works for plastic screen protectors (or vinyl stickers lol) 

Let me know if this helps! 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Comments
Pipiyok
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
You can visit in repair man
0 Likes
Lambsauce
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I can but if theres away to get rid of it i would resort to that.

Tsaka nasa screen protector po kase yan. Hindi yung actual screen
0 Likes
Pipiyok
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Parang ganyan din akin kaso hinayaan ko na lang muna, pag may pang palit na at may oras na.
0 Likes
Solution
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy A

Hey Lambsauce,

Looks like there's a bit of moisture stuck underneath your screen protector. Might not necessarily be oil, actually - the color may be coming from the layers in the screen protector.

Typically when moisture / air pockets are stuck inside an adhesive layer, you could use a squeegee (or any fine-edged plastic tool, like a card) to kind of push out the contaminant onto the edges. Maybe that'll work for this one? Just be careful not to apply too much pressure so as to not crack your screen.

However, if your screen protector is made from glass, I'm not entirely sure if that will work as the surface is much harder. The squeegee trick only rly works for plastic screen protectors (or vinyl stickers lol) 

Let me know if this helps! 

0 Likes