Original topic:

Opt out

(Topic created on: 12-04-2017 07:14 AM)
annoyme
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
why do I get random ads popping up on my screen and then a little pop up box in the lower left corner that's says "opt out"?
0 Likes
7 Comments
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
please explaine further , is it in games browser or just by normal use?
0 Likes
annoyme
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
It is in normal use. When I'm texting , I get ads pop up. When I am on my banking apps or sportsnet or any other app. I have done a factory reset once already and it was fine for a week. I have only had this phone for a month and am not liking it!
0 Likes
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
it's most likely coming from something you downloaded app wise. most common culprits are virus protection, battery savers etc.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Ads are coming from something you installed. As @mckaig said check virus protection, phone cleaners battery savers are usually the cause.
FYI android don't need any protection or optimization softwares, they are all intigrated in phones os. So remove all those apps if you have one.
0 Likes
annoyme
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Have not downloaded anything new. it started when I opened Google chrome. I deleted chrome thinking it would fix it but it's still happening.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
You can try a factory reset, pretty sure that will resolve the issue, especially if you have not downloaded anything, should be pretty easy to reset and restore.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Just to know and check:
1- You sure you did not download any APK? Maybe an app or a game not from the Play Store...
2- If you can and the ads aren't of the inappropriate kind, can you post one of them? That would help solve your problem
3: Do you happen to have an app that gives you the opportunity to lock your phone? My mom had one of these apps and it repeatedly put ads on her screen while she was not using the app.

Anyways, rest assured this is not your A5's fault. The only phones that come with ads are these Amazon Prime-Exclusive phones.
0 Likes