Did you mean: 

Original topic:

OS Update for A72

(Topic created on: 11-08-2021 09:42 PM)
Tata_Vino
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
When do you plan to release the One UI 4.0 update for A72? Even the November security patch update isn't released yet. 😪
7 Comments
Toraa
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
One UI 4 is most likely to be released publicly for most of its current Galaxy devices after the upcoming Galaxy S22 series release. Remember, One UI 4 is still on its beta stages; meaning Samsung is still collecting feedbacks, squashing bugs, adding some features, and refining the software before it is officially released.

As for the November security patch, we might have to wait for a while because the October patch for the Galaxy A72 just got released weeks later. Samsung is still kinda slow in terms of releasing on-time security patches and, even me, is frustrated about it. Hopefully they will release it first as possible on A52, A52s, A52 5G, and A72 next time.
Tata_Vino
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Wait, you already have the October patch? Mine still shows September. 😐 Thanks for the response, BTW. 🙌
Toraa
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I have a Galaxy A52 on me, and yes, it has the October security patch. Galaxy A72 already has it too so check out manually on the Settings if you have it also
Tata_Vino
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Yeah, doing that everyday. Nada. Zilch. Zero. 😪 Getting impatient by the day. 😓
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Its normal if you don't receive a software update last month cause the A72 is scheduled to receive an update every quarter or if there is a critical issue/bug that needs fixing, unlike the A52, A52s and A52 5G that is scheduled to receive updates every month.

Here is the link to know if your phone will receive monthly, quarterly or biannual security updates.
https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
Tata_Vino
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
That's weird. I mean, I don't understand why A52 is scheduled to receive monthly updates, but A72 isn't, when, to my understanding, the latter is the higher tier between the two. Well, I guess that's how Samsung works. Thanks for the link. ❤️
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello there! As per your concern, we just have to wait and see. 😊 Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) or via LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!