Original topic:

Phone has been freezing on me. Phone is shutting off.

(Topic created on: 07-25-2021 08:20 AM)
Members_ZcTwbYG
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

6 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please elaborate on your issue, to assist you further.

0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I have noticed my note 20 ultra freezes sometimes and also when going online or opening an app it takes considerable amount of time and sometimes closes. I checked all updates,ran device manager,cleared catch,rebooted device. Still happens do they not get these error report sent to them?
0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Now it's maybe happens every couple of weeks once are twice. I was thinking it might be switching from wifi to data but not sure. Might turn data off for month and see what happens.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, please make sure if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, try to restart your device and get back to us if the issue still persists.

0 Likes
RossB
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Lol as I stated above everything is updated
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. 

Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone or tablet. If the issues do not appear while in Safe mode, the problem is caused by a downloaded app, and it should be uninstalled.

Here are the steps for safe mode.

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.

• If the issue is gone in Safe mode: One of your recently downloaded apps was likely the cause of the problem. 

One by one, uninstall any apps you downloaded just before your phone or tablet began having the issue.

After uninstalling each app, restart the phone or tablet and check if it is functioning normally.

• If the issue still exists: Downloaded apps may not be the cause of the problem. You may need to reset the phone to the factory setting.

How to deactivate safe mode.

1. Press and hold the power.

Get back to us with the results.

0 Likes