Original topic:

Phone Repair from Hell

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 03:25 PM)
DoctorDuane
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

I am just about to lose my mind. 

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A315G a few months ago. This morning there was a software update. After the software update restarted my phone, the touch screen stopped working. Eventually, I was told to do a software reset, which I did. I lost all my files, photos, etc. The touchscreen still does not work. I called for support and after waiting for more than an hour, the gentleman on the phone put me on a hold and then hung up on me. I called back and waiting another hour and a half and the same thing happened again. I went to request support on the website and it won't recognize my phone model (A315G apparently is not a real model?!). I went into live support and there are no agents available. 

This is a nightmare. I'm extremely upset with Samsung. 

If anybody has any suggestions at all -please share them!  (about fixing the phone myself, getting in contact with Samsung, sending the phone for repairs, etc).

Duane

5 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Does the screen work at all? Do you have a screen protector on it?. If the screen is working at all there is a help section with in this app.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

It's remotely possible that the software update was corrupted when you downloaded it. But in about 12 years it's never happened to me, on about 12 different phones.

If a factory reset didn't fix the problem & your screen is still black, you can either flash the firmware with Odin yourself or visit a Samsung Service center. 

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, Please would you let us know the place of purchase of the device to assist you further?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

How would the place of purchase make any difference?

It sounds like it *might* be a corrupted download of the update, or it's a hardware failure, but where the phone was purchased is irrelevant, especially after a few months.

If it was a corrupted download, then flashing the firmware with Odin, or taking it to a Samsung Service center & let them do it.

If it's a hardware issue then his only choice is to take it to a Samsung Service center. 

fubu05boys
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
seriously... when u dont know how to use a samsung and use android and its only to call... go buy iphone!!! cuz serious dont u have a back up of your data and files synced in yr cloud b4 doing it??? and if you tell me.. nobody told u about it!!!

nnoooo.. its written almost everywhere about it b4 reaching clear your phone!!! ......
0 Likes