Original topic:

Phone screen dims after quick panel is pulled down

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 07:42 PM)
aren1toross
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, this is the first time I encounter this issue. I restarted my Galaxy A50 because my screen was dimmed of course I tried putting to max brightness it didnt change anything. After my restart the screen was back normal again. I pulled the quick settings panel down and when I went back to my home screen it was dimmed again. I repeated it multiple times and still the same issues.

Can you help me ? Thanks in advance.
3 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
In the Display settings, did you have enable adaptative luminosity ? If YES, disable it...Did you receive a Android or security update ?
Try this :
Wiping the cache partition will delete the old system cache replace it with a new one. It is very important that you did this procedure because if the cache is corrupt, performance issues will always occur and that could be the case here. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any file or data. Here’s how you do it:

Turn off the device.Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.When the Galaxy A50 logo shows, release all three keys.Your Galaxy A50 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.Press Power key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy A

As @Cassidy suggested, check if the Auto/Adaptive brightness is "ON" /"OFF". In case if it is "ON", please turn it off.

Open settings>> Dislay>> Adaptive brighntness. 

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I have noticed that if the front camera is blocked the screen dims then brightens. Could something be blocking the front camera?
0 Likes