Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Phone speaker is not detected

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 06:44 AM)
rmcg
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my phone speaker. I'm using Galaxy A51.

Lately, I noticed that my phone speaker is not recognized on the Media Output section (usually, you would have the This Phone option). Now, I can't use the speaker or mic whenever this happens. The Media Output automatically registers to "Wired headphones" which is weird because I only use my Galaxy Buds Live and I don't use the headphone jack. 

I tried everything (cleaning the headphone jack just it case something is lodged in there, restarting, hard reset, etc) but to no avail. Sometimes when I use my Buds, the This Phone option will appear but eventually it will automatically switch back to Wired headphones out.

Anyone can help me out? Thanks!

ADDITIONAL INFO: The sound for notifications are perfectly fine. Just that though. Also, the mic isn't working when my phone speakers are not detected. 
0 Likes
14 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try going into Safe mode.
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Did it work?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Are you in Safe mode?
0 Likes
rmcg
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
How can you go into safe mode?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
To go into Safe mode with the device powered on:
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Tap and hold Power off.
3. Tap Safe mode.

To go into Safe mode with the device powered off:
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. When "Samsung Galaxy powered by Android" shows, release the power button.
3. When the Samsung or Samsung Galaxy logo appears, press and hold the volume down button. Keep holding the volume down button until the lock screen appears.
4. If you did it correctly, "Safe mode" will appear on the bottom left of your screen.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Did it work?
0 Likes
rmcg
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
not really, i went into safe mode and tried the speakers. no sound. then i went out of safe mode but still the same :(
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try wipe cache partition.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Did it work?
0 Likes