Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Phone speaker is not detected

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 02:46 AM)
rmcg
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my phone speaker. I'm using Galaxy A51.

Lately, I noticed that my phone speaker is not recognized on the Media Output section (usually, you would have the This Phone option). Now, I can't use the speaker or mic whenever this happens. The Media Output automatically registers to "Wired headphones" which is weird because I only use my Galaxy Buds Live and I don't use the headphone jack. 

I tried everything (cleaning the headphone jack just it case something is lodged in there, restarting, hard reset, etc) but to no avail. Sometimes when I use my Buds, the This Phone option will appear but eventually it will automatically switch back to Wired headphones out.

Anyone can help me out? Thanks!

ADDITIONAL INFO: The sound for notifications are perfectly fine. Just that though. Also, the mic isn't working when my phone speakers are not detected. 
0 Likes
14 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Did wiping cache partition work?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Did you wipe cache partition?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Any update here? Did you wipe cache partition?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, rmcg. You can try cleaning your headphone jack again while playing a sound or music on your phone to gauge if you've fully cleaned the headphone jack. Also, you can try dialing *#0*# and do a speaker test.

If this your phone speakers still won't work, you need to bring your device to an Authorized Samsung Service Center for a check-up and consultation. You can locate the nearest Samsung Service Center in your area through this website: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/?msclkid=72d47e20cf8411ec8ac1394658c823b0

0 Likes
rmcg
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
did this and it worked! thanks 😄