Original topic:

Please help

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 08:59 AM)
buzzybee16
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
So I have a samsung galaxy a11 and I haven't got the android update yet, does anyone know when it releases in Canada or am I just being a pepega,I go to software update in settings and click download and install, or is that not where you go to get the android 11 update? Please help lol
10 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi buzzybee16If a system update is available, you should download and install it to keep your phone running smoothly. Please follow the steps for system updates.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Software update. Tap Download and install; if an update is available, tap Install now (recommended) or Schedule install. The procedure itself is automatic and your phone will restart to complete the process. 

Tap the Back icon if there is no update available, or if you don't want to download the update at this time. You can also tap the switch to enable or disable Auto download over Wi-Fi. When this option is turned on, your phone will automatically update when it's connected to a Wi-Fi network. If this option is turned off, you will need to update your phone manually.

0 Likes
buzzybee16
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I know this but I just wanna know if android 11 is out for my phone in Canada
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Did you look at Samsung's Notice regarding Android 11 One UI V3.x updates? 

Yes you can check for Firmware updates in Settings > Software Updates.

If there's an update available, then you should see it here. 

Screenshot_20210808-060948_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
buzzybee16
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It said my software is up to date so I guess I just hasn't come out for my phone in Canada?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Don't know how reliable Samsung's Notice is, or if there's more than one version of the A11, But according to the Notice, the A11 has already received the One UI V3.x update. 

0 Likes
buzzybee16
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Oh Sadge, I guess I won't be getting it then
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

@buzzybee16 According to an old Telus update schedule you should have received it already

Samsung A11Jun 15

Android 11

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Unless they Rooted their A11, then they will have to Flash the stock Samsung firmware with Odin in order to get any OTAs. 

Galaxy A
Also, his phone origin maybe not from Canada.