Original topic:

Pop-up Game Suggestions in the Galaxy Store

(Topic created on: 07-19-2022 06:44 PM)
PapaCridder
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
How do I stop these from popping up? I do not play games on my phone and the pop-ups are annoying. 

Thanks
7 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, Pop-up ads are caused by third-party apps installed on your phone. You can get rid of ads in a few steps and check if your issue is resolved.

Please perform Safe mode. First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. Your phone will not run any third-party apps in this mode, so you should not see the pop-up ad anymore.

While in Safe mode, navigate to Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps. From here, you can remove the most recently installed app(s) that might be causing the pop-up ads.

To help you find the app which is causing the issue, you can sort the list to show the most recently installed apps or latest updated apps. Tap More options, and tap Sort by. Then, select your desired sorting option.

Finally, select your desired app, and then tap Uninstall to remove it from your device. Restart the phone and check if the pop-up ads disappeared. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

They are NOT talking about any 3rd party apps causing the annoying ads on the Galaxy Store.

The INTRUSIVE ads are from Samsung!

One of the truly offensive things about these Samsung Ads is that you HAVE to interact with them, in order to dismiss them.

The "do not show again", only apply to the particular ad you currently see on your device, not all Galaxy Store Ads! 😡

I don't play any games either!! 

Worst of all, all of your suggestions here would have been a complete waste of time. 

Granted, you probably didn't understand that they were talking about Samsung's Pop-up advertising, but no amount of Safe Mode, Clearing Cache, or even Factory Resets would remove Samsung's objectionable Advertising from the Galaxy Store! 

19 July 2022 175308 GMT-0400.jpg

Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A

I agree that these pop ups from Galaxy Store are a problem.

Helenna there is no booting into safe mode or anything else we can do to stop these pop ups in the Galaxy Store other than getting Samsung to stop pushing this **bleep** on everybody. Everytime you open the store they happen and even clicking on dismiss only gets rid of that particular add and next time there is a new one.

This happens when we are just trying to update our apps that we have installed on our devices.

Only way around it is to long press the Galaxy Store icon to do updates but still you occasionally get these pop ups game advertizing

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Exactly!

Sure there's advertising on the Play Store, but you aren't forced into interacting with them, they're just in the background & don't interfere with what you are doing.

There's certainly no pop-up Ads on the Play Store!

It'd be GREAT, if pop-ups were caused by Free 3rd party apps, but this is directly from Samsung, where we have already paid a pile of money for our devices.. Galaxy Store Pop-ups are just insulting, we've already bought Samsung's product! 

Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Totally agree that this is a Samsung Galaxy store problem that we should not be subjected to after purchasing our expensive devices and trying to update the apps we have installed on them
WynterYYC
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
They need to go. It's annoying...
PapaCridder
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by all these forced on us ads