Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

potential fraud phone number

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 09:27 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I received a incoming call which I do not recognize and my phone flagged it as "potential fraud". What can be done with the settings in regards to potential fraud calls?

0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy A
You can add the numbers into your block list.

Also under Phone app, 3 dots on top right, click Settings.

If you don't want to show it as spam call, you can turn off the Caller ID and spam protection. And it would just show it as a normal numbers.

Screenshot_20210210-133700_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
that is not necessary as it doesn't ring my phone, it only shows inside my call log. how is the phone identifying it? Can I further perform adjustments?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I believe it was identifed by Hiya service. As long as you turn off the spam protection, it won't identified as fraud call again.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, You might have enabled caller id and spam protection under call settings in the phone app. The Smart Call function lets you know who's calling even when the number isn't on your contact list. When it's spam, you can easily block the call, and then take action by reporting it.

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
is it spam because the number is not in my contacts or it recognized the number as invalid?
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy A
I have had this show up on my caller ID a few times. When the call comes in, I just tap the red circle with the receiver.
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
hiya determines the valid number. https://www.hiya.com/products-smart-call
0 Likes
isro
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Hi. I had this happen to me as well. Right now i just recieved a messaged popping up i have a new voicemail. I go to my voicemails is someonw chewing food. I look in my caller list they called too but didnt hear my phone ring. I checked yesterdays and slightly few digits different number and i had a voicemail as well in which i could hear nothing **bleep** is going on?
0 Likes
Gillian104
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

You can just block this contact, or check out this number on the internet and try to find out who it can be. In general, this type of fraud is pretty common, and I can tell you that not so long ago, I even experenced click fraud, so it's not suprising if you're an internet user, you know. It's pretty widespread, and people come up with various schemes to get money from you via the phone.

0 Likes