Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Protect Battery to 85%

(Topic created on: 09-28-2022 02:11 AM)
Carphè
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hello! How does this protect battery charging intil 85% protect our battery compared to the suual charging to 100%? Please enlighten me with this. Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy A
Hello there! So this battery protect feature stops your charging at 85% right? That's because according to various studies, Lithium Ion batteries tends to lose its charge as time passes by, and by limiting the charge from a certain level below it's full capacity, it shows that the battery lifespan will be prolonged, compared to when it's charged fully. Emptying your battery always, according to some studies, may also be detrimental to these Lithium Ion batteries, so it's optimal to charge your phone somewhere between 20%-90% if you plan on keeping your device in the long run. I hope this helps and enlightens you even just for a little bit!

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
Galaxy A
Hello there! So this battery protect feature stops your charging at 85% right? That's because according to various studies, Lithium Ion batteries tends to lose its charge as time passes by, and by limiting the charge from a certain level below it's full capacity, it shows that the battery lifespan will be prolonged, compared to when it's charged fully. Emptying your battery always, according to some studies, may also be detrimental to these Lithium Ion batteries, so it's optimal to charge your phone somewhere between 20%-90% if you plan on keeping your device in the long run. I hope this helps and enlightens you even just for a little bit!
Carphè
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Got it! Thank you!

Also, is there any effect if I cannot charge my phone until 85% because I lack time to charge like until 75-80% only?
Galaxy A
Not really, charge your device as long as you need to, specially if battery protect is on. Top it up, as long as needed.
Carphè
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you so much!! Stay safe 🙏🏼
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello Carphe,

Thank you for reaching out to us in order to find out how effective battery charging until 85% compared to usual charging at 100%.

Samsung Galaxy phone is powered by Lightweight Lithium-ion Battery, which is high energy density, long-lasting, and safe.

Batteries are consumables, and their lifespans are affected by their usage patterns and environments.

In order to protect battery life for longer use, you can toggle on battery protection on device care. It will limit your charging to 85% and charge when your phone drops between 20 to 25%. 

Battery and device care gives you all the tools you need to keep your device running smoothly, automatically optimizing your battery, storage, memory, and security. When you open Battery and Device Care, your phone will run a diagnostic check and give you a score out of 100. The higher your score is, the better optimized your device is.

If you want to get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy phone's battery, you may click the below links.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-battery/about-battery/ 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/ 

Even if the screen shows that there is still a lot of battery power, the battery may noticeably deplete or shut down as efficiency decreases. Visit the Samsung Authorized Service Center closest to you if you're experiencing issues with a dying or inefficient battery, charging your phone too frequently, or noticing a decrease in battery life.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/ 

Hope we answer your query here.

Carphè
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you so much for this!! Stay safe 🙏🏼
0 Likes
Galaxy A
its a neat feature, but before its a good practice 20% charge then reached 80 stopnto charge and its a proven helps battery life
0 Likes