Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"Other" in Samsung Internal storage

(Topic created on: 11-24-2022 10:29 PM)
kdel
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hi samsung community I would like to ask if what is this "other" on my samsung internal storage because it takes too much space and I want to locate it so I can delete and have more space on my Samsung A51, thanks!
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy A
its a culmination of temp files
kdel
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Where can I find and delete those files?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Basically, temp files, cached data, etc. This usually increases depending on the number of applications installed, used on a daily basis.

You can go to Device Care and optimize the device from time to time or you can also reboot the device to give it a fresh run through.

If that doesn't work, you're gonna have to manually check the app settings to determine which is consuming that much storage and manually clear them.

You'd be amazed which apps are actually consuming so much storage 😉
kdel
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Thank You so much for this!
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello kdel,

Thanks for your inquiry here.

Samsung Galaxy phones come with a large amount of internal storage capacity for you to save your pictures, videos, games, and apps. However, you may be unsure what the ‘other’ storage category is, and how to delete files from it. 

The ‘Other’ storage category comes from apps you have installed on your Samsung Galaxy A51, that don’t fall in to the other storage categories. It includes items such as system files, cached data and temporary files. Unfortunately, you can't delete these files directly from your device but you can help to clear it by deleting cache or app data. You can clear app data by:

Step 1. Open Settings.

Step 2. Tap Battery and device care.

Step 3. Tap Storage.

Step 4. Tap Apps.

Step 5. Choose an app and uninstall it as required.

Please note: if you delete files from an app you often use, the app will run slower.

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Make sure to click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button in your subsequent response, if we have satisfied your inquiry.

0 Likes