Original topic:

RCS

(Topic created on: 10-17-2020 01:23 PM)
Makthai420
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Are Rich Communication Services available on the Samsung A8?
I turned it on on my s10 plus but I was trying to coach a friend through the process but he was unable to find the setting. Is it available on the a8? Where can I find the settings to turn it on if it's not automatic.

7 Comments
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
RCS is currently not available for the A8 in Samsung Messages. Your friend will have to download Google Messages if he wants RCS.
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hey Makthai420,

Please suggest your friend to check with the carrier and see if they support RCS feature.

0 Likes
Makthai420
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
He does have carrier support.
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
it depends on your carrier rcs works fine on virgin for me also if your friend has switched between two carriers the phone needs the proper carrier firmware since it's kind of tied to other features wifi calling and volte
0 Likes
daniela__
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
*#243203855# punch that into your dialer and click #change sales code and network code" but be aware that it will void warranty but you'll get chat features on the a8. Worked for me on freedom mobile. I now have chat features, wifi calling and voLTE. Hope this works for you
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi ela95 and Makthai420, Samsung won't recommend and advise any kind of information regarding rooting or flashing your Samsung device. Please note that rooting disables some of the built-in security features of the operating system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe, and your data secure from exposure or corruption.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Makthai420, I hope your issue got resolved. If not, please get back to us on the issue.

0 Likes