Original topic:

RCS

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 07:15 AM)
kubkegger
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
RCS has been enabled by my carrier and works fine in Google but is not yet showing in Samsung messages. What's up with that... I hate the Google messages cuz it doesn't work with our phones properly.
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

What device do you have? 

RCS works perfectly with both Samsung Messages & Google Messages on my S20 Ultra.

But personally I prefer Google Messages.

Do you get any error message when trying to use Samsung Messages? 

0 Likes
kubkegger
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have the a70 with the recent android 11 one UI 3 in Canada on Videotron, Videotron sent us a message about a month or 2 ago saying we're good to go with RCS
0 Likes
kubkegger
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
No error messages, just no option in Samsung messages to turn on RCS.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Check with Videotron to see if they support Samsung Messages or only Google Messages. 

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
What do you mean Google Messages doesn't work properly on our phones? It works perfectly fine
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

No, he's saying that Samsung Messages doesn't work, but Google Messages does. 

theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Re-read it, you read it wrong. Last sentence
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

He said that Google Messages "doesn't work with our phones properly" So I'm guessing that it does work for him, but he is of the opinion that it doesn't work as he'd like, but that's nonsense, Google Messages works just fine with Samsung devices.

Either way Meh. 🙂

Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, could you check with the following?

1. Clearing Application Data/Cache. please check for an update. Also, try performing a clear cache. From Settings, swipe to and touch Apps. Swipe to and touch the app you want to clear. Touch Storage, and then touch Clear cache and Clear data.

2.Restarting the phone.

3.Removing and reinserting the SIM card.

Report us back if the issue still persists.

0 Likes