Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Roger's and NHL

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 01:11 PM)
Tao77
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
Seeking help with the following. When I purchased my phone I was with Roger's and their app along with Amazon and NHL were installed on my phone. 

I have since switched to Bell and would have thought the Rogers aps would have been removed or at the very least, I could uninstall them. 

Seems I cannot, can only disable them and I am hoping there is a solution out there in the community which would enable me to configure my phone to remove them

Thanks in advance for your help!
0 Likes
11 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tao77, Certain preinstalled apps cannot be uninstalled, but some can be disabled. Touch and hold the app you want to disable, and then tap Disable instead of Uninstall. If the Disable feature is grayed out, it means the app cannot be disabled.

Galaxy A
did you try the master reset already with the bell's sim??
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I did not, how do I do that, thanks!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tao77, When your new SIM is inserted into your device, then a factory data reset may occur depending on the carrier and reorganize the software environment to map to carrier requirements. This will install your carrier's software environment.
This process is called SIM Profiling.

Solution
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
dial *#243203855# and change your csc to bell . If you pick the sales code and network option it will delete all your Roger's bloatware and install bell bloatware. if you choose the unbranded option it wont have any bloatware. "BMC" is bell csc code and "XAC" is unbranded. your phone will reboot and factory reset so make sure you back it up first
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
awesome, thanks dmflash
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tao77, Did you perform the resolution provided by @dmflash? Please write back to us with the results.

0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I did complete it today, I backed up my phone as dmflash suggested and it worked perfectly. I set it up for BMC and once my phone reset, I was able to restore my back up and the Rogers apps are gone. thanks so much for helping me with this. kudos to you dmflash! awesome solution!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Tao77, That's great. Thanks for letting us know that the issue got resolved. Please take some time to accept @dmflash comment as solution and help others with the same query. You could do it by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution".

0 Likes