Original topic:

Samsung A12 keyboard Issue

(Topic created on: 11-21-2021 02:58 PM)
tam0876
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I just purchased my phone yesterday and right out of the box the keyboard was having issues.. Everytime I would type the keyboard would close. I tried all the trouble shooting online that I could find erasing app data clearing cache I even tried the Google keyboard and the Microsoft one and issue persisted. The last thing I did was  factory reset my phone and load everything in manually. The only thing that fixed it was to change the keyboard to a one handed keyboard.  I have not had the issue since I did this. When I put it back to the normal keyboard the issue happens again.. Please fix this in a update.. 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy A

Hi tam0876, please verify if you have followed these steps to perform backup and factory reset. 

Here are the steps to backup your data: Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now. 

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
tam0876
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes I have. I Also set my phone up without restoring the backup to see if the issue was resolved and it was not.. Its so strange but the only thing that allows me to type without the keyboard closing is by having the one handed keyboard on and it works on either side.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I think you may try factory reset, but do not load everything back. Just test the keyboard on Samsung Message app or Samsung internet...etc. If the keyboard works fine, pretty sure one of the apps causing the problem.

Or you can try get into safe mode as well for testing. Long press on Power Off red icon until you see boot in safe mode. Safe mode will disable all 3rd party apps. This way you do not need to do factory reset.
tam0876
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have done this
0 Likes
tam0876
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have done both things. I think it's it's glitch .. from what I seen online I am not the only one who has had the issue. I found a work around though so hopefully a future update fixes the issue.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Hmmm...ok, then could be a glitch on A12 keyboards. What you could do is using this Samsung Members app → click Get Help (on right hand bottom) → Error report under send feedback

Then Samsung will know there is problem so that they can release the fix in the future.Screenshot_20211121-160657_Samsung Members_51590_1637536017.jpg
kseyda
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have a smilar issue when using samsung internet. It started after the last update. After I uninstalled the updates it worked fine. 

0 Likes