Original topic:

Samsung A13 - NO SECURED FOLDER

(Topic created on: 01-30-2023 02:19 AM)
TimesNewRomeo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hello team!

I recently bought Samsung A13 and upon cheking, there is no Secured Folder available in the settings.

I already tried everything that I can do and watched a lot of videos but it's still not showing.

I'm hoping to see if someone can help me 🙏

Cheers!
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy A
It's not available to some A model smartphones. It includes Game Booster (or Launcher) and Bixby and other important apps or features. Low spec and low price A series lack some features. You can never install it in your device no matter what you do.
TimesNewRomeo
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thanks for letting me know! I'm afraid to install some third party app too since I'm not familiar to the developer. Really appreciate this!
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It's running One UI Core, so it doesn't have Secure Folder.

How to check if your phone is running One UI Core: Go to Settings > About phone > Software information.
TimesNewRomeo
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Very helpful, thank you! Although, I'm seeing some videos on Youtube with the same model of phone but they have the Secured Folder. Would you know how can that be possible? 🤔
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It also varies with the country the device was bought or manufactured. You can see similar devices have the secure folder but notice that they're on a different country. I have read it on the internet discussing this issue.
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello TimesNewRomeo,

Thanks for sharing your Samsung Galaxy A13 experience with inquiry on whether Secure Folder is available on your device.

The Secure Folder is the perfect place to store all the photos, videos, files, apps and data that you want to keep private. The folder is protected by the defense-grade Samsung Knox security platform, which encrypts all data stored there, making sure that your information is kept safe from any malicious attacks. You can also add a passcode or biometric lock to keep your data safe from any prying eyes.

Due to compatibility and hardware limitations issues, Secure Folder may be available on select devices only.

For more help and assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!

TimesNewRomeo
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you for this detailed explanation! Really appreciate this
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
A13 4G? If yes, then same as my aunt's phone...yeah it's so sad that Samsung didn't put Secure Folder

A13 is considered as expensive entry level phone which is the successor of A12 and A12 Nacho.

I don't know the reason why samsung didn't include the "Secure Folder" in the software of the Galaxy A13.

Obviously i know that Galaxy A13 is a entry-level phone and it runs One UI Core which means the light version of the full One Ui, it means some features from the full one ui version is not present in the one ui core, such as the Secure Folder or the other useful features for example.

Full One Ui version on the other hand, that is already present in midrange and flagship galaxy devices and it have many useful features such as Secure Folder, Bixby Assistant, Bixby Home, Bixby Routines, Smart View and Goodlock Modules compared to one ui core.

Some reason according to Samsung is the "hardware limitations" (you know, they are always saying this if they can't provide the reason why...maybe hahaha)

One ui core is so messed up, it means we are not sure what are the included feature on every devices that runs one ui core.

For example Galaxy A12 Nacho, A21s, and some M Series are running one UI Core, therefore, they got the Secure folder via software update. (As you see, it's so messy right?)

Galaxy A12 Nacho (A127F) known as the A12s on the other hand, the 2nd version model of A12 (A125F). These 2 A12 devices have same specs EXCEPT THE THE CHIPSET

A12 (A125F) = MEDIATEK P35
A12 NACHO = EXYNOS 850

Both of those chipsets are low-end and both Secured By Knox.

Regarding to the Secure Folder, A125F didn't have the Secure Folder after Android 12 update until now, which i complained earlier in some of my community forums here, tried sending feedback to Samsung but still no answer. A127F or the A12 Nacho got the Secure Folder after Android 12 update which i was wondering about. Like why? How? How is it possible? How about the A125F?

It was really unfair that only A12 Nacho got the Secure folder. And also got the Android 13.

A12 Nacho A13 4G have the same chipset which is the Exynos 850. And I'm wondering too why samsung didn't include Secure Folder on A13 but they included it on A12 Nacho (sounds really unfair right?)

Hopefully Samsung will implement Secure Folder in Galaxy A13 in future since they successfully tested and implemented Secure Folder in A12 Nacho.
BraSbu87
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Well said and yes I also wonder why Samsung shortened A13 with such features too! Hope they fix this soon, either via software updates perhaps.