Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung a52 5G battery usage?

(Topic created on: 05-23-2021 08:15 AM)
Samsinging
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Reviews grade this device well for battery usage but I think I drained 30-40% in an hour on lte and Bluetooth (earphones) at 50% brightness, played in 480-720p. I only use the 15w charger out of the box, and the the is one week old. Is this normal? I've checked battery optimization, disabled vivid effect. Disabled unnecessary apps, and don't really run anything heavy. Ive also disabled 5g for for time being. YouTube is the heaviest app I use on this thing so far. 

9 Comments
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Galaxy A

Amazing day! Jan here, Samsung moderator. Thank you for sharing your concern here in the Samsung member community. In regards to this, I can see that your phone is actually doing well but in the time that your device isn't performing properly don't hesitate to call us at toll-free #GALAXY [#425299]. Again thanks for sharing. Stay safe and have a great day! 

0 Likes
Jay-Sparks
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
did you use a higher refresh rate?
Samsinging
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
Good point, yes. Admittedly I was testing to see how much my battery could do without me having to lower the features it came with. But would that be enough to drain 30-40% of my battery in an hour?
randall1996
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hello. My A52 5G drains very fast too. Those reviews claiming long battery life are not true. I never disable the 120 Hz refresh rate and the 5G because these two features are the reasons why I bought one in the first place.
Samsinging
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
To be fair regarding the 5g drain though, it has more to do with available 5g infrastructure than the phone. It's only draining the battery now because it keeps trying to catch a signal that should be available but isn't, so it's.. not the phones fault. It should cause less drain if you're in an area that already has 5g though, so they just suggest turning it off if you're in a non 5g zone
randall1996
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I live in a 5G area and it keeps overheating. It stops overheating when I'm on Wi-Fi. I read articles online and it turns out that the people who developed 5G knew all along that 5G has overheating promblems.
king0612
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Mine to sir, same problem as urs..

0 Likes
nabiPark
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Same thinking whybi bought my a52s 5g violet. Hays so far mabilis din ma lowbat sakin.
0 Likes
king0612
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Mine to i got samsung a52s 3 weeks and its heating and battery drain .. problem ..
0 Likes