Original topic:

Samsung A52 5G

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 06:51 PM)
yazidrus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi all,
I wonder if this model supported 5G under the DNB's compatibility?
If haven't (yet), why Samsung is so slow to release the update?
0 Likes
4 Comments
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

Hi Yazidrus,

As per the DNB's website, the A52 5G will support DNB's 5G. It's just a matter of time for the device to be certified by DNB & not necessarily Samsung's fault in the delay of it being recognised. 

Hope this answers your question! If yes, do accept it as a solution 🙏

Luqmanakim_0-1664931735004.png

yazidrus
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
As far as I know, DNB does not issue any certification on devices, as long the phone manufacturers released the firmware updates that compatible to DNB's accordingly, DNB will just updated the list of models into their site.
The ball is in Samsung's hand imo.
Rayaes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Does DNB certify and approve devices to be 5G-enabled and how long would it usually take for a 5G device to be “certified” for use in Malaysia? DNB does not certify nor approve 5G devices. We only provide facilities for the manufacturers to conduct tests such as initial static tests, as well as a test route to conduct their on-the-road drive tests so their devices can be configured, and firmware updated to be compatible with the 5G network. Meanwhile, device certification is led by SIRIM – with guidance from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) – as is standard procedure.

This from https://www.digital-nasional.com.my/interactive-map

Samsung has to apply for specific phone 5G certification to SIRIM. After SIRIM has approved, then Samsung can push the update for the phone. When I asked this in the Samsung Chat Support, first they blame DNB saying that DNB hasn't given them the approval for specific model. When I paste the info that SIRIM is the body that will provide the certification for the 5G and ask them if Samsung is waiting for SIRIM certification, they just answered for me to wait for the update

yazidrus
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
that's what exactly happened here with Samsung.
0 Likes