cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung A52, Flickering when fingerprint scanner is tap.

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 04:59 AM)
Ryujinjakka
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I experience this when I updated my phone to the latest security patch. Everytime I use my fingerprint scanner theres a flicker of light on the whole screen before it unlocks my phone. I'm not really sure what's the cause of this. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Try disabling adaptive brightness and enabling reduce animations, submit an error report
0 Likes
Ryujinjakka
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I did that TS. But to no avail. How to submit error report?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
touch and hold samsung members app iconScreenshot_20220228-120944_One UI Home_23999_1646021468.png
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Send reportScreenshot_20220122-081624_Samsung Members_23599_1642810601.jpg
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Ryujin,

Please bring your device to a Samsung Experience Store near you, where our techs can help you out better: https://www.samsung.com/ph/storelocator/

You may also reach out to us remotely:

Mobile Devices Hotline:
#GALAXY (just dial #425299) [Toll Free to all networks]
(02) 8422-2177 [Standard Landline]
Available 24/7

You can likewise send us an email through spr.ly/SamsungPH-Support or engage with us through our Live Chat Support at spr.ly/LiveChatSupport.

Our support team will gather data for documentation, and will further arrange an appointment on your nearest ASCs (door-to-door pick-up is available for users within NCR) for assessment, and/or replacement of the part/s should the cause be determined to be software related (highly subject to approval).

0 Likes
Anas-BM-52
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi i have the same problem and i got the solution 

The problem is caused by power saving or 60hz mode if yo disable it and switched to 90hz mode the issue will not be present 

Members_2D93mZu
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I tried disabling power saving mode and the flickering did disappear. However, this does not mean that this problem must be set aside already. People will still use power saving and will still encounter it. I hope Samsung will do something about it ASAP.

0 Likes
EnGRC_
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I also experience that on my Galaxy A53. It occurs when the "Fingerprint Always On" (see attached screenshot) setting is turned off, but when it is turned on, screen does not flicker.
Maybe its related to how optical fingerprint sensor works. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.Screenshot_20220505-195721_Settings.jpg
0 Likes