Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A71 Screen Discoloration

(Topic created on: 09-13-2021 01:14 PM)
GoyongJr
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
My phone started to have screen discoloration since September 05. The always on display lock screens seems to have to much backlight and instead of pitch black it looks pinkish. I am using pattern and fingerprint lock setting. When unlocking, the display looks like yellowish/white like fade display at 0 brightness setting. Its like the eye comfort shield is activated but its not.Adaptive brightness is off. For the first 2 days, the device flickers then the problem occurs then after some time it reverts back to normal display then it flickers back to discoloration. It happened frequently until it became permanent. My device is updated to the latest software update this past August.
The super amoled experience is messed up especially when playing games and streaming netflix.
I tried to google it and read on some other sites and communities the same issues even some past flagship phones having the same issue.
I tried solutions like restarting the device,soft reboot, safe mode, even downloading google play books and some temporary fix on youtube but it still occurs.BLACK screen is also pinkish when I dial *#0*# but all RED, GREEN & BLUE are normal. I read some others downloading system UI tuner but i dont want to try it, same with the option of factory resetting.
Adjusting the brightness is not enough. Its like the contrast or backlight is the issue but there is no toggle setting for it. 
Parang sinisindikato tayo ni Samsung na parang Apple dina downgrade nila yung device or nilalagyan nila ng problema yung mga software updates to let us buy new ones. Hardware issue ba to?
Patulong naman po. Any recommendation po. Penge jowa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi! I'm Sam, your friendly Samsung Customer Service guy. Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connecting with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) or via LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH 

We are very sorry for this inconvenience but we're trying our best to work on this.  As per your concern, kindly give us a call in our hotlines. We are very willing to help and assist you.  Don't forget to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. Stay safe and have an awesome week ahead. ‌‌

View solution in context

0 Likes
47 Comments
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi! I'm Sam, your friendly Samsung Customer Service guy. Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connecting with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM) or via LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH 

We are very sorry for this inconvenience but we're trying our best to work on this.  As per your concern, kindly give us a call in our hotlines. We are very willing to help and assist you.  Don't forget to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. Stay safe and have an awesome week ahead. ‌‌

0 Likes
GoyongJr
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
So there really is a problem regarding the software updates. Then Id regret updating to the latest patch. I had just this phone since June 2020 and encounter such. Just a mid range phone, what more is it for the flagship users.. or does the flagship users get or has a better priority in giving them support...
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Try entering recovery mode and wipe cache partition
0 Likes
GoyongJr
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I watched how on youtube then a cable is needed to connect it on a laptop or a pc to perform recovery mode for android 11. My problem is that my cable connector since i bought the device is a type c to type c male, even my charging adapter is type c female.haha need ko pa nga bumili ng usb to type C to do it.haytss
Ill try it some other time. Thank you for recommending.
0 Likes
GoyongJr
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It did not solve the issue
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
If the discoloration appeared after a software update and wiping cache partition doesn't fix it, maybe you need to consider to do a factory reset.. if after factory reset and the problem is still there, then I recommend take it to your nearest Samsung service center
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Try mo ulit mag boot sa recovery. Since black naman yung background nun tignan mo kung may discoloration. Pero pag wala. Ewan ko na
Galaxy A
same issue here. now i have these lines all over my screen. and what's worse, di na nya marecognize biometrics ko. may babayaran ba ko.pag dinala to sa service center? di naman to nabagsak or nabasa. maingat ako sobra sa phone. hayst. 🥺
0 Likes
Galaxy A
same issue right now 😫 any update po? did u get it fixed po ba?
0 Likes