Original topic:

Samsung Bixby permissions

(Topic created on: 10-13-2020 04:15 PM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
Android operating system allows for permissions to be enabled and disabled for apps but for some reason Bixby services prevent the disabling of permissions they remain permanent for Bixby which is not required. Why are the Bixby services permissions permanent?

12 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A

A better question yet is how you have got to Active Level 7 by asking a whole bunch of questions that no one here can answer and even if they try to answer you ask more stupid questions

Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
literally all he posts is nonsense on why apps have permissions lol
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi SamSungtwo,
Bixby is the Samsung intelligence assistant first introduced on the Galaxy S8 and S8+. You can interact with Bixby using your voice, text, or taps. It's deeply integrated into the phone, meaning that Bixby is able to carry out a lot of the tasks you do on your phone. For this reason, access to contacts is necessary for Bixby app.
All the permissions are using to make the app function correctly. The app will not ask to use certain permission (i.e. the camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone etc...) until you have begun using the correlated function (i.e. taking a picture, accessing the files or numbers etc...).

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Bixby is not an app I use. it is not required. This app cannot be removed or disabled or none of Bixby services permission disabled, this makes it a security problem on the phone of had any type of flaw?
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Halston. I would like to know why the permissions cannot be changed? That is the purpose of permissions, to allow a user to decide.
0 Likes
fubu05boys
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
the **bleep** carry nothing!! it is not enough smart.. u cant keep talking to him... its only an app to shortcut to where u want to use yr phone! u cant keep talking to him unless if she ask a question and if u ask a joke ... it will tell u a joke and after this its impossible to tell another one.. same if u say bixby b4 and stay frozen on the screen conversation!!!!
0 Likes
fubu05boys
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
its not a full self hands-free!!! its just so useless.. its a one time - one action
0 Likes
fubu05boys
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
@samsung u should just stop the service app... sorry but samsung-> android -> google = one package.. why u do progress about this function where google already have with advance and so smart!!!
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I would like to add that not only can users not change permissions but also cannot remove Bixby. So Bixby is a potential back door into phones.
0 Likes