Original topic:

Samsung Email, POP3 Invalid deletions from Server

(Topic created on: 01-29-2023 09:56 AM)
AubreyG
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

H/W: Galaxy A53 5G;     OS: Android: V13;      Samsung One UI V5.

Hi:  I am very new to the Galaxy, Android family. I have elected to use the Samsung Email client, (current Version 6.1.74.5), running POP3 protocol for my Gmail email account.

POP3 on this device, along with my iPad and Mac, is working well and meets my expectations with one exception:-

Although the “Auto delete from server” setting on the Samsung Email client is set to the “Never” option, email arriving on the Galaxy is immediately deleted from the server. This is not the intent of this setting and it prevents the mail from arriving on my other 2 devices. Same results when “When deleted from Inbox” option.

Any help in resolving the issue would be most appreciated.

Please note IMAP protocol is well understood and it may well be in my future if this issue remains unresolved with this or other email clients. So please let not address IMAP here.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy A
Email arriving on the Galaxy is immediately deleted from the server?

What about remove your pop3 account from your phone, will your iPad and Mac receive the email?
0 Likes
AubreyG
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Many thanks, Tallman
IPad and Mac email continue to operate as expected when account on phone deleted and re-added, which was done several times.

Aubrey
0 Likes
AubreyG
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
After further investigation: Gmail requires this strange prefix, "recent:" be appended to the User Name server setting to address the above issue.
0 Likes