Original topic:

samsung flip screen crack **beware**

(Topic created on: 08-26-2021 03:36 PM)
paulSamsungflip
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Samsung community 

want every one to be aware of the issues and lack of support from my experience 

purchased flip phone (my first samsung usaly apple) 25/11/20

in march 21 i raised the issue with samsung that the screen protector was coming off on the fold wanted to know if i can replace my self or if i needed to go to repair centre or if i could just run none. was told needed to take to repair centre. as they are 4 hrs from me and i couldnt post my phone away as i needed it i left it until could aford to buy another phone 

on may 7th 2021 the screen cracked on the fold see attched pic 

samsung crack.jpg

that that point it was to frusting to use so i had to send for repair 

purchased a new phone 

called samsung support 10/8 to be told i had to book online for it to be sent back

the website didnt work with my serial number 

called back was told a level 2 would call back with in 24hrs 

cut long story short

i called atleast 6 times in total

was hung up on after long waits on several occasions 

and not called back when i was told 

finally got through and had my postage label emailed to me 

sent phone off following day 

to get a quote back for 480 to replace the screen 

this is unbelievable, these phones are clearly not ready for production and shouldn't be sold. i would have to say samsung support makes telstra look good 

be careful purchasing google search shows 1000s people same issue  

7 Comments
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, @Paul. This is definitely not up to our own expectations of our service. If you could please email me at members.au@samsung.com your full name, contact details, address and any reference numbers, I will investigate this for you. Again, I apologise for the experience you have had so far.

Galaxy A

i have full list of each phone call and how long on hold for and hung up on ect i have emailed the full document (not short) and the details you have requested

but im not hopful you will write back as i had even sent email 

'followUP@SAMSUnG.COM' on 13/8/21 zero response revived 

0 Likes
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

I am really sorry about your experience, Paul. I can absolutely understand your frustrations. Please rest assured that I will investigate what has happened, and get back to you once I have understood the situation. 

0 Likes
Galaxy A

Tina actually replied :) and is looking further into my issue 

jeealimess
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
All the best 👍
0 Likes
Galaxy A

still waiting for response from last email, after the ordeal i have been through i would thought it would be rushed but will see how it proceeds for a few more days before i follow up with ACCC

Macyandhercat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the exact same issue. After 2 months of ownership, woke up to a black line down the center crease which eventually became the exact same crack as to what you show. Sent the phone in for warranty only to be told the cost would be approximately $700CDN. SO disheartening as I paid over $1200 for the phone. I had such good vibes about Samsung up until this point. Now dealing with Samsung Care which leaves me with a small sliver of optimism as they are stating they will bring my case to a higher level of review.

Curious to know what ended up happening with your case?

0 Likes