Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A12

(Topic created on: 09-27-2022 03:44 AM)
Reckoning666
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I think my RAM PLUS is not working the way it should on my A12?

Anyone else experiencing the same problem like mine po?

10 Comments
Solution
Galaxy A
RAM plus works by utilizing your on board device storage to use it as a virtual RAM. You can't really see it in action, as it works in the background, so don't worry about it thinking that it's not doing its work, because it's there silently doing it if needed.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello Reckoning666,

Thanks for reaching out to us in order to find out your Samsung Galaxy device RAM Plus.

For additional information, access and enabling, RAM Plus allows you to increase the RAM available on your Samsung device by using 4GB or more of onboard storage. RAM Plus works by simply using a chunk of onboard storage to extend the amount of RAM. This is similar to how Windows allocates a portion of disk storage to use as virtual RAM when physical memory becomes insufficient.

As per our dear Samsung member, jamesrred reply, its working hard in the background, so no need to worry about it. 

Hope we satisfy your query and looking forward, hearing more of your comments, feedbacks, suggestions, and experience while using your Samsung Galaxy device.

0 Likes
Reckoning666
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Yes but if you take a look my scrrenshot, it doesnt show of how much virtual memory is reserved or used.

I see other A12 screenshot look different vs mine. Their's shows the 6gb reserved virtual memory under the reserved and used memory please refer to screenshot
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Reckoning666,

Following is the steps on how to use RAM Plus.

Step 1. Go to Settings > Battery and device care > Memory.

Step 2. Tap on RAM Plus and select how much internal storage you would like to use as virtual memory. 

Step 3. Tap on Restart now

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/what-is-ram-plus-and-how-to-use-it/ 

For further assistance, you may contact us on the below online support channel links.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/contact/#onlinesupport 

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

0 Likes
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Hindi mo makikita in action na gumagana yung ram plus (virtual ram/memory)....kasi nasa background yan parang sa real ram din ang behavior

Once you enable RAM PLUS, automatic working na yan
Reckoning666
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Iba kasi ichura paps, yung sa iba kasi may nakalagay na virtual memory 6gb sakon is wala, grayed out lang yung ram plus da gilid
Galaxy A
This is from the Official Screenshot of RAM Plus on Samsung's website, I don't see any difference on your screenshot.ram-plus2_11035_1664275396.png
0 Likes
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Ganyan talaga pag naka light mode kuya

Same din sakin sa screenshot koScreenshot_20220927-190648_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220927-190549_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Reckoning666
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Anong light mode po? May nakit kasi ako Virtual nakalagay sa kanya hindi reserved