(Topic created on: 12-16-2020 11:47 AM)
amizzie
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

long time Samsung user

Samsung galaxy a50 bought for Php17,990 or approx $374

1 year 3 months old busted phone

- problem first noticed when phone froze, fixed it force reboot: volume down button + power button

- phone on 15% battery, had to switch from wifi to mobile data, phone endlessly restarted on loop

- somehow managed to turn it off to charge it. screen is black with circle in the middle with a lightning sign. wont charge with its original charger. had to use a different charger. had to try different combinations of pressing power on/off button while plugged/not plugged; volume down button + power button while plugged/not plugged

- gave it some time, got it back to running

- phone problematic from then on

- phone restarting and stuck on boot loop happened again

- researched and found how to go to Android Recovery Mode: Press and hold the Power key and  Volume down key; when phone restarts, quickly press on Volume Up key while still holding the Power Key. cleared partition cache. that worked for a time

- phone restarting and stuck on boot loop happened again

- as a last resort, went to Android Recovery Mode and did a factory reset. did not fix it

- during all these times, been chatting with Samsung Support but not fixed. someone even suggested a factory reset at onset, which will delete all data

- finally went to Samsung Service Center and was told it's not a software issue anymore because the technician tried to reset it to no avail. so they say its a hardware issue already and quoted Php9000 for motherboard replacement plus additional part/s that they find need replacing during repair. that's half the price of the phone!

i think this is a known issue due to the number of results if you google this issue, and because they phased out the phone already.

who is going to take responsibility for this, Samsung?

i've been a long time Samsung user, and this is the shortest-lived phone i owned. i'm a moderate user, i dont even play games.

it was impractical to have it repaired, and without the assurance it wont happen again.

i bought myself a M51 and hope i would have better luck.

6 Comments
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Thanks for sharing with us here your experience. 😉
Galaxy A
yea A50 **bleep**
Galaxy A
they want us to spend more for their irresponsible manufactured
0 Likes
jmvillanueva916
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

same issue here and almost the same month. Just happen last Dec 21 . My phone was around 1 year and 7 months already. It was restarted and it keeps on hanging. try to restore and factory reset and still not working. Service center here at Batangas was too far on my location so im planning to visit them once i have free time. 

thuthiprabath
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Same here for my a50 also it's happening like that only, I never recommended to peoples buy a Samsung mobile 😣

pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
I have a samsung phone and it runs fine. No issues at all
0 Likes