Original topic:

Samsung NOTES crashing since update

(Topic created on: 06-28-2021 09:57 AM)
Veeb
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I updated my Samsung device (A11) and now my notes crash. I can open the notes app, but not the individual note. The screen blanks out and goes to home screen. Frustrating!! I have important addresses in my notes.
I have the latest notes updates, I restarted my phone, I cleared my caches. 
14 Comments
Veeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I continue to appreciate your efforts regarding my issue
0 Likes
Veeb
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It turns out there's a new update for notes (very recent). I installed it. When I tried to open a note, it said I had to install an add-on. So I installed that too. I now am able to see all my notes again. Thanks again for your time and patience!
0 Likes
Galaxy A
No problem. Sounds like you have been upgraded from old Notes to new Notes app. Yes, there is an add-on to install. I wonder why Samsung just install it without asking want to install or not. But happy to hear that you resolved your problem. We didn't help much thou. Have a great day. 🙂
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
My notes just jumped off the Empire State Building after most recent update as well.

The Samsung advice was useless.

The backup (yes, I included apps) did NOT backup my Notepad (which IS an app), so when I uninstalled the app itself nothing was restored, not EVEN the Samsung Notes app...which also apparently is NOT carried on the Galaxy store (even tho BOTH are Samsung)

...glad I didnt do the full factory reset, would have lost more & not fixed the issue anyway. Fan-TASTIC.

Also, WHY is it seemingly more reasonable for customers to do backups/full resets whenever you decide we NEED a (mandatory/non-optional) update, RATHER than to expect Samsung employees to put out work/updates that DON'T just Nuremburg other (ALSO Samsung/not EVEN 3rd party) apps?!?

So now all my important info is gone for good, almost all is unreplaceable, nvm the hundreds of hours of compilation.

On an issue that is neither new nor unkown by the Company (but SURE comes as a surprise to the end-user, they just couldnt be bothered to ever fix the issue - THAT'S how much their customers matter, further accented by how their cust.srvc depts just ignore you outright after sending pre-canned & incorrect/useless info that doesn't even WORK out as a half-assed reply they are legally obligated to give)...

....yeah. NOT using apps anymore. At ALL. PC actually just allows you to copy that stuff from place to place, easy as pie & hassle-free. IMAGINE.

Paper & pen is even better. PATHETIC.

GOOD JOB, GUYS~
0 Likes