Original topic:

save to sim??

(Topic created on: 01-16-2019 11:16 AM)
Megabeth
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Can anyone tell me how to save images, etc. from my phone onto my SD card?
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy A
Didn't you ask this exact same question yesterday??

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA/profile_post?categoryId=10005&postId=478522

Please tell me if you followed my instructions below?

As soon as you insert your SD Card it should automatically set the default storage location to SD Card.
If you are looking to transfer your existing pictures onto the SD Card, this can be done in multiple ways.
First way is open the "my files" app (usually in the Samsung folder) and transfer the pictures from internal storage to SD Card
Second way is plug your phone into a PC/Laptop. You should then see both drives, internal storage and SD Card. It is as easy as dragging the pictures from one folder to the other

Let us know if you need any additional help.
0 Likes
InsayneShane
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Sim or SD card? That's two different things...
0 Likes
Galaxy A
well im guessing she means SD card because you cant save photos on a sim card, it doesnt have storage and as per her previous post, she mentioned SD Card.
0 Likes
InsayneShane
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Gotcha. Didn't know there was a previous post. Yeah contacts only on sim (number/name only).

Also @megabeth, if you want to save all future taken photos to SD, open the Camera app you should see a "save to SD" prompt come up.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy A
Thanks @SnowCat19 for answering this question, much appreciated!

@Megabeth, the "My Files" app is the easiest way to transfer images to your SD card if you prefer not to use a computer—SIM cards unfortunately only have storage for things like contacts, and are used for telephony purposes.

Cheers,
Sabrina

0 Likes